Some of the latest information on Grading.
Published in STF website: 10 June 2014
Among other things, all examiners have been informed of the following. It will be helpful if coaches take note of the information.
– All grading participants, including the commander, must observe STF uniform code.
– The maximum number of participants to be graded for the different grades is as follows: Grades 10 and 9 (8 candidates); Grades 8 to 5 (6 candidates); and Grades 4 to 1 (4 candidates). If time permits, it will be good to grade fewer candidates at a time.
– It is the responsibility of examiners to ensure that all candidates involved in sparring wear groin guards. If any of the candidates does not have groin guard or refuse to wear one, he or she will automatically fail.
– Grading requirements shall be guided by the grading syllabi.
– All examiners, grading officials and coaches work as a team. They should respect one another regardless of seniority. They are free to draw the attention of one another if they find that the system is not working well. The focus should be to ensure that the grading is conducted safely, smoothly and efficiently.